Payment and cancellation conditions Africa Cycling travel 2022-2023
1. After booking you will receive a confirmation by email and an invoice for a deposit of 10% of the total travel sum. By transferring this 10% deposit, you automatically agree to these payment and cancellation terms. Six (6) weeks before departure you will be requested to pay the remainder of the travel sum. As a traveler, you are obliged to disclose all relevant personal circumstances that may affect the execution of the trip when booking. For example, illnesses, disabilities, allergies, general condition and any desired or necessary diets. It is important that you read the extensive travel information before booking the trip. This is also part of the travel agreement. These travel conditions, the travel information and route description can be downloaded from: www.africacycling.com You can also request the travel information from Africa Cycling, hereinafter referred to as the tour operator, by telephone or email.
2. Cancellation of the trip by the traveler:
Cancellation of the trip by the traveler must be notified immediately by telephone to Africa Cycling. The cancellation must then be confirmed in writing by the traveler by email and/or post to the tour operator.
If you cancel a trip, the following costs are involved:
- Canceling the trip after payment of the down payment invoice costs 10% of the travel sum.
- Cancelling the trip between 42 days (6 weeks) and 21 days (3 weeks) before the departure date will cost 25% of the travel sum.
- Canceling the trip between 21 to 10 days before departure costs 50% of the travel sum.
- Canceling the trip within 10 days before departure costs 100% of the travel sum.
- Cancellation due to Covid or other pandemic or dangerous epidemic*:
If in the week prior to the trip you booked with Africa Cycling your country of origin or Kenya does not allow travel to and/or through Kenya due to the Covid pandemic or other pandemic or dangerous epidemic (such as Ebola) then you have two choices:
1. You cancel the trip and you will receive 75% of the paid amount back.
2. You will receive a voucher for the full amount of travel with a validity of 2 years after cancellation.
Using the voucher and planning your new travel date should always be in consultation with Africa Cycling and must fit within our planning options.
* dangerous epidemic means an epidemic that poses such a serious threat to the health of travellers that it is accompanied by a negative travel advice issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the traveller’s country of origin, and/or a negative entry advice by the government of Kenya.
If in the week prior to the trip you booked with Africa Cycling, your country of origin or Kenya does not allow travel to and/or through Kenya due to the Covid pandemic or other pandemic, you have two choices:
- You cancel the trip and you will receive 75% of the paid amount back.
- You will receive a voucher for the full travel amount with a validity of 2 years after cancellation. Using the voucher and planning your new travel date must always be in consultation with Africa Cycling and must fit within our planning options.
NB 1: When you book an airline ticket, take into account the cancellation conditions of the airline. For the cancellation of airline tickets, different cancellation conditions may apply than the conditions applied by Africa Cycling. Please inquire about these conditions when booking your flight ticket. If the cancellation conditions of the airline deviate from our cancellation conditions, which may mean that your flight ticket must be paid in full or in part after cancellation of the trip, we advise you to take out cancellation insurance on your flight ticket.
To cover the financial risk of canceling a trip, it is always advisable to take out cancellation insurance.
3. Cancellation of the trip by the touroperator:
Depending on the minimum participation conditions, the trip may be canceled by the tour operator. For our trips we use a minimum number of participants of 4 for the final to go ahead. In principle, the tour operator always strives not to have to cancel the trip. The travel organizer may be forced to cancel a trip if there are circumstances that may affect the quality, execution or safety during the trip. In the event of cancellation of a trip, the tour operator undertakes to inform the traveler immediately, stating the reasons. If, in the event of cancellation due to serious circumstances, the travel organization offers the traveler a suitable alternative and the traveler does not accept this offer, the traveler is entitled to a refund or remission of the travel sum, or if the trip has already been partially completed. enjoyed a proportionate share of it. In the event of cancellation of a trip by the tour operator, the tour operator cannot be held liable for financial loss or loss of travel enjoyment for the traveler, if the cancellation is the result of not meeting the minimum number of participants or abnormal and unforeseeable circumstances that are independent of the will of the person who invokes it and the consequences of which could not be avoided despite all precautions. Obvious errors and mistakes in the travel program are not binding on the travel organizer. The travel organizer advises the traveler to take out travel and cancellation insurance when booking. In all cases, the tour operator will strive to offer the traveler a suitable alternative in the event of cancellation of a trip.
4. Subject to changes:
The tour operator reserves the right to adjust the prices of the trips offered up to 20 days before the start of the trip in connection with changes in transport costs, including fuel costs, the levies owed or the applicable exchange rates. Furthermore, there is always the possibility that the travel itineraries have to be changed or that other changes take place during the year that mean that the planned travel program cannot be carried out. Local circumstances and the adventurous nature of the trips may mean that minor or major adjustments have to be made to the travel program and/or itinerary before or during the trip. The tour operator undertakes to limit any negative consequences for the traveler as much as possible and to look for alternatives that keep the nature of the original program intact as much as possible. In the event of changes prior to departure, the traveler will be immediately informed, stating the reasons. Furthermore, the traveler is also expected to familiarize himself in all cases with the local circumstances in general. In principle, changes have no consequences for the fare, except for changes in the fare in connection with transport costs. The traveler can reject changes to essential points in the travel agreement. If the change concerns one or more non-essential points, the traveler can only reject the change if the change causes him a disadvantage of more than minor significance. In the event of a rejection, the tour operator can terminate the travel agreement with the traveler, subject to the cancellation conditions.
5. Exclusion and limitations of liability:
Insofar as the applicable Law, a treaty or Regulation permits, the liability of the travel organizer for damage that the traveler suffers or may suffer, whereby the travel organizer Africa Cycling is guilty of the damage suffered, is limited to an amount equal to the travel sum, unless the damage is the result of intentional or reckless action on the part of the tour operator.
Africa Cycling cannot be held liable for any damage suffered during the trip as a result of an accident with an airplane, (4×4) car, or bicycle, boat, animal, accident as a pedestrian, any other injury, theft, robbery, loss of material such as camera etc. By booking the trip and transferring the deposit or the full travel amount to Africa Cycling, both the traveler and the travel companion(s) for whom the amount is paid comply with all conditions set out in these payment and cancellation conditions .
6. Complaints procedure
A complaint from the traveler, which has not been satisfactorily resolved during the trip, must be submitted to the travel organizer in writing and with reasons at the latest within one month after the end of the trip. If the trip has not taken place, the period of one month starts to run on the original departure date of the trip. The travel organization will not process the traveler’s complaint if the traveler has not submitted the complaint in time.
7. Insurance obligation and travel and cancellation insurance:
Travel insurance is mandatory for participation in a tour or safari that is booked through the tour operator. In addition to travel insurance, it is advisable to take out cancellation insurance, but this is not mandatory for participation. Cancellation insurance usually needs to be taken out within 7 days of booking the trip. Always inquire in advance with your own insurance company about the conditions and damage coverage of the insurance. When booking, it is important to pass on the details of your travel insurance to the travel organizer in connection with any emergencies or incidents that may occur during the trip. Always take a copy of your policy with you during the trip and the pass with the emergency number(s). The tour operator also provides travel and cancellation insurance via the European demand below when booking the trip.
8. Incase of emergency:
Always contact the emergency center of your own insurance company. You can also call the tour operator in the Netherlands +31 (0)6 45 11 43 45.
Any complaints about the implementation of the travel agreement must, as far as possible, be submitted in writing to the travel organizer or its representative at the place of destination where the reason for complaint arose.
6532 XC Nijmegen